LAST UPDATED: January 15, 2017
DigiEye’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE
Information We Collect
Through the DigiEye App and Customers Apps, we collect the following information:
- Device Information: We collect information about your device: the name and version of the operating system on your device; a hashed version of your unique device identifier; the manufacturer of your device; the make and model of your device; and the language in use on your device.
- App and App Usage Information: We collect information about the Apps you use and how you use them: the name and version of the App, the date and time you read an MRC, the payload of the MRCs you read (which may be a Global Trade Item Number or other standard identifier), and the content provided to you when you read an MRC.
The Apps store a history of the MRCs and QR codes you read. This history information is not sent to DigiEye, and you can delete your usage history within the Apps.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your ISP or mobile carrier.Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is automatically done by most websites and applications.
- Geolocation: If you agree to provide geolocation data, we collect the geolocation of your device when you read an MRC.We do not store, use, or disclose this information to third parties. Information Third Party Service Providers Collect
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose the information collected through your use of the Apps for the following purposes:
- For our business purposes, which include data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our existing products, improving our services, identifying usage level and trends, and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and those of our customers.We use IP addresses to determine the general physical location of where Apps are used.
- For our customers’ business purposes, which entails providing the following information to our customers with regard to use of their Customer Apps: device operating system name, device operating system version, hashed unique device identifier, device model, device language, date and time of MRC code reading, MRC payload, payoff provided, and location, as derived from your IP address. We do not disclose your IP address to any of our customers.
- For our legal purposes, which may include complying with legal process; responding to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence; enforcing our terms and conditions; protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property and that of our customers; and allowing us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use reasonable organizational, physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect information that we collect through the Apps while that information is in our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Information that we collect through the Apps may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which our customers operate. By using any of the Apps, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than your country.
Attn: Privacy Officer
Please note that email communications are not always secure; please do not include credit card information or sensitive information (e.g., Social Security Number, credit card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) in your emails to us.